The Kindergarten Investigation Program consists of 2 components: a 90-minute classroom program and a 90-minute Schoolyard Snoop. Both are required for participation
During the 90-minute classroom program, students will explore the environment around them, learning skills related to observation, communication, and data collection, which support the science and engineering practices dimension of the NGSS.
Activities Available: Senses; Finger Detectives; How Do You Know?: Backyard Soil
“During the 90-minute Schoolyard Snoop program, students will practice their investigation skillsjust outside of the classroom.
Total time for each class: 3 hours
The Investigation Virtual lesson series may be available – please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-493-8000 ext 3) if interested in that option.
The Kindergarten All About Birds Program consists of a 90-minute classroom program.
During this classroom program, students will explore the wide variety of birds typically found in our local neighborhoods. Learn about the unique features of bird beaks, feet, and feathers that help these beautiful animals thrive. EV Classic.
Activities Available: Nests and Eggs; Bird Drawing; Bird Study Skins; Bird Utensils
Total time for each class: 90-minutes
The off-site field trip option for Kindergarten students is a ‘Nature in Your Neighborhood’ walkable field trip.” This field trip consists of an exploration of a local park or green space that is walking distance from the school (no bus required!)
During this field trip program, students will walk from the school to a local park or natural area, exploring the nature that they find all around them along the way. Divided into small groups, each group will be guided by an experienced field trip leader, introduced to fun nature-based activities, and will discover opportunities to exercise their wonder and curiosity. See full field trip information in the Important Information and FAQs section.
Total time for each classroom: 90 minutes
Kindergarten Program Fees
Non-Title 1 schools:
- Classes of 12-24 students: $280/class for each classroom program; $140/class for each Schoolyard Snoop
- Classes of 25-32 students: $330/class for each classroom program; $165/class for each Schoolyard Snoop
- Walkable Field Trips: $35/each group of 8 students
Title 1 schools:
- Classes of 12-24 students: $125/class for each classroom program; $60/class for each Schoolyard Snoop
- Classes of 25-32 students: $145/class for each classroom program; $70/class for each Schoolyard Snoop
- Walkable Field Trips: $15/each group of 8 students