Support An EV Science Classroom Program or Nature Field trip
Foundation & Corporate Support
The corporations, foundations, and local businesses who support Environmental Volunteers share our commitment to the community and to nature and science education. Learn how your organization can join us.
To explore how your foundation or company can collaborate with EV in inspring the next generation of environmental stewards and scientists. Please contact Sierra@environmentalvolunteers.org
Early science education sets the stage for lifelong learning, critical thinking, and understanding of science. 80% of K-5th grade multiple-subject teachers in the Bay Area reported spending 60 minutes or less per week on science, with 16% of teachers spending no time at all on science.
Our EV programs provide 90-minute classroom science programs and 120-minute field trip programs that immerse students in age-appropriate, hands-on, discovery-based curriculum on a wide variety of topics. More funding means more science, and with California still below average on science proficiency standards, our programs are filling the gap!
Your generous donation will:
- Make it possible for us to bring exhilarating natural science experiences to more than 10,000 school children each year
- Allow us to keep service fees affordable to our local schools by helping us to bridge the gap between income from fees and the actual costs of program delivery
- Enable us to help 400 school teachers meet state education standards each year by adding science enrichment programs to their curriculum
- Provide resources to recruit and train hundreds of dedicated community volunteer docents
- Help us bring community members together to educate young people and inspire a lifelong commitment to responsible environmental stewardship
- $1,500 funds one classroom or field trip program for 24 students
- $7,500 funds five classroom or field trip programs for 120 students
- $30,000 funds twenty classroom or field trip programs for 480 students
- $75,000 funds 50 classroom or field trip programs for 1,200 students
- $150,000 funds 100 classroom or field trip programs for 2,400 students
- $225,000 funds 150 classroom of field trip programs for 3,600 students