Reports To: Education and Training Director
Status: Non-exempt Hourly Full-time
Ideal Start Date: June 2019
Position Open Until Filled
The Programs Coordinator (PC) plays a vital role in supporting all forms of programs with the Environmental Volunteers with particular focus on programs run at the EcoCenter in the Palo Alto Baylands and out in the community. This support may include delivery of programs or the coordination of logistics, marketing, volunteer management, etc. This position requires a person who is highly organized as well as someone who enjoys engaging with people of all ages in a variety of settings.
As a member of our education team, the Programs Coordinator is an important stakeholder in the successful implementation of department and organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Facilitating Public and Private Education programs and operations (65%)
- Provide staff support to EcoCenter docents.
- Be the EcoCenter onsite staff member for Saturday Open Hours and Public Education Programs or coordinate alternate staff coverage.
- Assist the Education and Training Director with planning and facilitation of Public and Private Education programs.
- Coordinate the logistics of all Public and Private Education programs including dates, space, materials, guest speakers, volunteer recruitment, RSVP list and communication.
- Assist the Communications staff in promoting EcoCenter and outreach programs as needed.
2. Support Other Programs (15%)
- Deliver school programs throughout our service area in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, concentrating on times when the cohort of teaching interns are unavailable (commonly in September and October when the interns are training and during school breaks).
- Assist with occasional group volunteering projects.
- Assist the Education and Training Director in working on projects with teaching interns who are working in the EcoCenter focus area.
3. EcoCenter displays and activities (15%)
- Manage the change over of EcoCenter displays according to the planned calendar set with the Education and Training Director.
- Assist the Education and Training Director in developing new EcoCenter displays for the shelves, touch screens, and tabletop activities.
4. Education team member/supporting projects: (10%)
- Occasional projects that support teachers, schools, and volunteers and advance our organization’s education goals
- Provide programming support to non-education department programs, such as donor events.
- Provide information and statistics about Public and Private Education Programs to support grant applications and reports.
5. General staff responsibilities: (5%)
- At all times maintain commitment to, and active implementation of, the EV Mission, Values, & Vision
- Maintain knowledge of the organization’s Strategic Plan, refer to it as a guiding document, and participate in its implementation
- Actively participate in shared whole staff responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with all staff and volunteers. Ability to foster positive relationships with a variety of community stakeholders including but not limited to individuals, schools, faith-based, and community based organizations.
Position Requirements and Specifications
The ideal candidate will be:
- A highly organized, experienced project manager.
- A ‘people person’ with strong communications skills and the ability to nurture a dynamic range of stakeholders.
- A team player willing to role up sleeves and help the organization thrive.
- Computer literacy, comfort with Word and Excel, and willingness/ability to learn new computer programs
- Reliable transportation to and from our offices, and community program sites
- Adequate transportation (car, bike, mass transit, etc.) to both Palo Alto and Santa Clara offices and community programs in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties.
- Experience in environmental education and/or environmental science
- Bilingual a plus
Instructions to apply:
- Electronic submissions emailed only to: email@example.com
- Please include a PDF of your cover letter and resume.
- In the subject line, please reference your last name, followed by “Programs Coordinator”
- No phone calls, please.
- All interested individuals, including people of color, women, LGBT persons are encouraged to apply.