You Can Make A Big Difference This School Year!
Following 18 months of remote education and some nature field trips, Environmental Volunteers continue to find a pathway. Our students are thrilled to be complimenting virtual education with opportunities to take learning outside with friends, hiking, and exploring.
Environmental Volunteers is starting the 49th school year with a flexible understanding of what the best path forward is in today’s new normal. Our unique hands-on natural science education for schools and our community was heavily impacted by the changing rules to keep us all safe. With your generous contribution to our, “Nature for Schools Challenge” we will ensure every dollar you contribute will reach our community in the best and safest way possible by:
- Developing science process skills by asking and answering their own questions inspired by observations.
- Spending time outdoors and connecting with nature by focusing on the fascinating sights, sounds, science and phenomena of nature.
- Being engaged by the real-world importance of capturing insights, which scientists use to understand and conserve nature.
Thanks to their generous offers from the Hall Family Charitable Fund and Eschenbach Family Foundation of matching funds, all contributions to the Nature for Schools Challenge will be doubled, dollar-for-dollar, up to $150,000 by December 31, 2021.
To support the Challenge, please donate to the EV:
Environmental Volunteers soul is to ensure that every school, regardless of their funds, have the opportunity to get outside. Instead of reading about nature from mobile devices and textbooks EV takes you to places like our local redwoods, tide pools, and marsh lands to experience nature first hand through smell, touch, sight and sound.
No matter what amount you choose, your generous contribution can make a big difference because all gifts to the Nature for Schools Challenge will be matched!
Every dollar adds up to something meaningful:
- $25 will send one student on a field trip
- $50 will replenish class materials for one school
- $100 will train a volunteer to attend school programs
- $200 will support one after-school program for 30 students
Thank you for being a part of this exciting initiative. Every school year, our teachers, students, and volunteers benefit from the incredible impact of your support. Together, we are building the next generation of environmental stewards!
~ From Our Volunteers, Teachers, and Students!
Attn: Elliott Wright
2560 Embarcadero Road
Palo Alto, California 94303
or make a gift of stock or another asset.
Our Tax ID: 94-2550385