Please refer to this page for the most current updates on which programs we currently offer. Updated August 14th, 2021.
The EV continues to offer outdoor events and programs. Many of our volunteers are vaccinated; however you will still see our volunteers wearing face-masks, even outside. We also ask that participants wear face-masks during our programs. Many volunteers and participants, such as children under age 12, are not able to get vaccinated and we wish to keep everyone participating in our programs as safe and comfortable as possible. This is also due to growing concerns and measures due to COVID – 19 variants.
The EcoCenter is still currently closed to the public. Our EcoCenter docents continue to engage visitors every week across from the EcoCenter at the duck pond, so come visit us there! For outdoor open hour times and features, click here to learn more. Note: all exhibits will be outdoors and are dependent on weather conditions.
While many of our programs and events transition to in-person, we will continue to offer virtual programs and virtual volunteer opportunities. While we want to be out in nature as much as possible (and encourage others to do the same), virtual programs have greatly expanded the number of people we can reach, and the accessibility of our programs. Check our events calendar for virtual programs!
This is a great time to get involved with the Environmental Volunteers!
What is the EV doing during COVID-19?
Since the first shelter-in-place order, the Environmental Volunteers have been working hard on modifying and redesigning our programs to ensure the safety of our volunteers and staff.
- We offer many program options for teachers, families, and community organizations. Please refer to our 2021 programs page.
- We offer asynchronous program options for teachers and families who want to do our activities and lessons themselves. Please refer to our asynchronous activities page.
- The in-person programs we offer are now designed with the highest concern for safety in mind. Our In-Person programs are outside and require face-masks to be worn by all involved. Please refer to our 2021 programs page to learn about our outdoor in-person programs.
- Our EcoCenter is closed to the public, but we are still committed to teaching visitors to the Baylands Nature Preserve about the wonders of the ecology there. Every Friday and first and third Saturday, from 10 am to 1 pm, you can find our volunteers outside at the duck pond with some of our displays, ready to teach you and answer your questions.
- Our Sprout-Up program has an excellent range of videos for k-4 children titled Sprout-Up Explorers. Learn about nature from home, at any time! Check out Sprout-Up Explorers here.
- We are still welcoming new volunteers! You have the choice of volunteering virtually or in-person (or both), whatever you are comfortable with! Find out more here.