Are you a high school student interested in environmental education? Are you passionate about nature but want to learn more about how to effectively share that passion with others? Do you like engaging with others, sharing knowledge, and promoting learning and stewardship? Then Environmental Volunteers has the opportunity for you!
We are looking for a small group of dedicated high school students to serve and learn together for a year.
- EcoCenter Docent: greet visitors and share about the local baylands as well as other hands-on science education
- Community and Outreach: help deliver public programs at the EcoCenter and in the community at tabling events, after school programs, and more!
- Foothills Trail Ambassador: greet visitors and share about the local foothills at Foothills Park
- Projects: work with our Education Manager to maintain and create quality educational materials.
- Attend mandatory orientation/ training in May.
- Attend optional meetings throughout the year for additional training and enrichment.
- Volunteer at least twice a month (~3 hours each shirt) with the option of volunteering more in the summer.
- Volunteer for at least one full year, May 2022-May 2023
- Learn from environmental education professionals
- Experience a non-profit setting
- Meet like-minded friends
- Interact with a diverse public audience
- Practice public speaking and teaching
- Learn about the local environment
- Create your own volunteer schedule
How to Apply
- Complete the online application.
2. Email a letter of interest, not more than 600 words, describing your interest in environmental education and volunteering with the EV, personal strengths and attributes, and the extracurricular activities you are currently involved in to email@example.com
Applications due March 30th, 2022. The Teen Docent Program will begin in May 2022.
Have more questions? Contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org